You might heard of the story of the CNN anchor, Kyra Phillips. who went to the loo with her microphone still on… the air, and whose chatter ended up as a voice over on a segment about Georges Bush. The chatter was relatively benign - she just bitched about he sis in law – as portrayed in some comedies. She then went on to appear on the “Late Show with David Letterman” (a very popular late night show on CBS), and presented the “Top 10” segment with… her top ten excuses regarding the incident, courtesy of the Washington Post:
10. "Still haven't mastered complicated On/Off switch."
9. "Larry King told me he does this all the time."
8. "How was I supposed to know we had a reporter embedded in the bathroom?"
7. "I honestly never knew this sort of thing was frowned upon."
6. "Couldn't resist chance to win $10,000 on 'America's Funniest Home Videos."'
5. "I was set up by those bastards at Fox News."
4. "Oh, like YOU'VE never gone to the bathroom and had it broadcast on national television!"
3. "I just wanted that hunky Lou Dobbs to notice me."
2. "OK, so I was drunk and couldn't think straight."
1. "You have to admit, it made the speech a lot more interesting."
Pretty darn funny, and a gutsy move as you can imagine how petrified she must have been at 1) what happened, and 2) how much worse it could have been.
Bonus: the footage during which you hear Kyra’s voice over – on YouTube.
Photo credit: NewsBusters